As of June 16, 2008, cadets at the RCMP Academy receive a weekly allowance of 0 to a maximum of ,000 for the entire 24-week Cadet Training Program.
The chapel is one of the oldest Anglican houses of worship in western Canada. Established in 1933, the RCMP Museum operated in a number of facilities for its first sixty years.
The museum was officially opened on its present site in 1973 by Her Majesty Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, in honour of the RCMP's centennial.
In the RCMP's early days, Depot had a full horse stable and employed veterinarians.
Horsemanship is no longer part of the cadets' training since 1966, and the few horses still at the Academy are for ceremonial purposes only.
On the left is a constable in mourning; on the right is a trumpeter sounding reveille.